Thursday

Ride A Bike, Save Gas

Old West Trails
U.S. Hwy 80
I live in Rodeo, New Mexico and have a bicycle,  I have not ridden in a few years.  I took it out of the shed and realized it needed some new tires. I loaded it up drove to town and had new tires, tubes, pedals  and a tune up. It works just fine now so I can ride in many direction,  on U.S. Hwy. 80  this Old West Country Trail is part of it. The Chiricahua Mountains to the west and Peloncillo Mountains to the East.

 Mountain Valley Lodge & RV Park gets quite a few people cycling  through this area when on a adventure. They spend a night either tenting or rent a room, so I  get to visit with them to find out where they are heading and where they have been. 

When you ride your bike, you are doing a lot of good things, many of which are for the benefit better health, peace of mind, see the world thru different eyes,  increased confidence and self-reliance.

4 comments:

  1. The open spaces in the valley are ideal for bike riding. Bikely also has a number of bike trails in the Chiricahua mountains, here is a link to one the Portal to Paradise loop: http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Portal-Cave-Creek-Paradise-Loop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet my bike is beyond help. It has sat in the sun for all these years, no garage here and probably nothing is left but maybe some spokes! I'll have to buy one to use when in town since we have dirt roads up here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a great ride from your place to get the mail!

    ReplyDelete