Thursday

Custom Moccasins By Skull Canyon Leather

Making A Cast
Skull Canyon Leather is located by the Chiricahua Apache Mountains about 10 miles from Mountain Valley Lodge & RV Park in Rodeo, New Mexico. They offer the finest in Leather masks, custom Buffalo moccasins, leather sandals and more.

They came to my house and it took about 3 hours to decide the colors as there are many colors to choose from in Buffalo hide, how many buttons means how high the moccasins will be, the type of buttons I chose are antler rosettes and many different kinds such as metal with different designs, walnut buttons, leather with many colors choices. The type of soles and what type of insert you want.

Then I stood on some stiff paper and he drew my foot print on it, he cut it out added some type of tape to them. I put on a mesh sock,  then he taped it up to my knees. They do both feet as almost everyone has different feet. He then drew lines on them and cut them off of me. He saves the cast so if someone wants another pair the cast part is done.

 They had to order the Buffalo hide and then will take 3 to 4 days to make. The finished product.

6 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing the finished product. I have seen the masks in the 4th of July parades and they look cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a mask and a bowl from Skull Canyon Leather, now I am really getting excited to see them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm, maybe you can enter the 3 legged race?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three legged race, guess you could move faster then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw his boots at Heritage Days. They are beautiful. He is quite the accomplished artist. Lucky you to have a custom made pair of boots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have spent a lot of time thinking about getting a pair of custom made moccasins, so I am really excited to get them now. I will blog the finish product.

    ReplyDelete